Iridium Satellite PTT Transceiver
Please call 01226 361700 to discuss your requirements and pricing.
com & Iridium Satellite PTT Transceiver
The IC-SAT100 utilises SATELLITE PTT (Push-To-Talk) which is a two-way radio system that uses the Iridium® satellite network. It can be used as a communication tool in remote, isolated areas where there are no mobile phones or landline network infrastructure. Even if terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, SATELLITE PTT can provide a stable back-up, independent from other networks.
Unlike satellite phones, IC-SAT100 users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talkgroup, with just a push of the transmit (PTT) button.
Wide Area Global Communication
The Iridium® satellite network covers the entire earth, including both poles, and can provide wide area global communications anywhere on the planet*.
* Depending on the country or region, carrying and/or use of the IC-SAT100 may be prohibited.
Real-Time, Low-Latency Communication
Using 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Iridium® satellites, the IC-SAT100 provides low-latency communication, and broader, more reliable network coverage, compared to Geosynchronous Equatorial Orbit (GEO) satellites.
Emergency Call Function
The ‘Orange’ key on the top of the radio is an emergency button. You can transmit an emergency call via a specific talk group by pushing and holding down the button, just like a PMR/LMR radio system.
Waterproof, Dust-Tight & Durable Body
The IC-SAT100 provides IP67 waterproofing (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes) and dust-tight protection, making it ideal for use in harsh outdoor environments. The radio also meets MIL-STD 810G specifications. The operating temperature range is from –30°C to +60°C (–22 °F to 140 °F).
1500 mW Powerful Audio
1500 mW audio delivered from the internal speaker provides loud and clear communication, even in noisy environments.
Long Lasting Battery Life
The supplied BP-300 Li-ion battery pack provides 14.5 hours of operation.
* Approximate. Operating periods are calculated under the following conditions. TX : RX : standby = 5 : 5 : 90
Conventional Radios & IP Phones Interconnection
With a VE-PG4 RoIP gateway, the IC-SAT100 can interconnect with an IP phone, IP, LTE, IDAS digital* and analog transceivers. (Planned feature)
*Type-D multi-site trunking and conventional systems.
• Secure conversations with AES encryption
• Short Data Message function
• Voice Recording function
• Multiple language display (English, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish)
• Built-in Bluetooth®
• Integrated GNSS receiver
• SMA type antenna connector for an external antenna
• AquaQuake™ function clears any water ingress that may penetrate the speaker grill of the unit
• Compatible with other Iridium® PTT devices, including Iridium Extreme® PTT*
* Some specific functions may not be compatible. Checking with your local supplier before purchasing is highly recommended.